Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Austria- Part 2

Hi! I'm so sorry I didn't finish the post on Austria yesterday; it was nearly midnight and I had a headache. If you didn't read part 1 of the Austria post then you can click here to go to it.


Where to go/ what to do - continued:
  • The Sound of Music- The popular musical "The Sound of Music" was filmed in Salzburg, so you can visit the Mirabell Gardens and Mirabell Palace and see where Maria and the children sang Do Re Mi.
  • Spanish Riding School- In Vienna you can watch people train amazing horses, and also watch shows where they demonstrate what the horses can do.
  • Hofburg Palace- In the Hofburg palace you can learn about Empress Elizabeth and visit her home.
  • Shows- Basically you can watch an orchestra play traditional Austrian pieces or they can play pieces composed by Austrian people like Mozart.
What to eat:
There are a lot of traditional Austrian foods so I am going to list the ones that I recommend, and I'm also going to briefly explain what they are.
  • Schnitzel- schnitzel is a thin meat covered with breadcrumbs that tastes good amazing. It can be veal, beef, chicken, or pork.
  • Apfelstrudel- apfelstrudel is a traditional Viennese strudel. A strudel is a sweet pastry with something inside it, like apples. 
  • Schaumbecher- Schaumbecher(s?) are chocolate coated marshmallows on a cone. I really wanted to eat one but when we went to buy one I couldn't find any shops that sold them, when the day before every single cafe sold them. Logic.
  • Kinderpunsch- I mentioned it in part one, but just in case you forgot what I said, kinderpunsch is a warm juice that tastes like orange juice, but it's probably a mixture of different juices. Sadly, you can only get them in christmas markets :( .
  • Sacher Torte- Sacher Torte is a yummy chocolate cake that you can eat at the Sacher hotel, in Vienna.
  • Apfelstrudelsaft- Apfelstrudelsaft literally translates to apple strudel juice, because that's what it is. It is juice that tastes like Austrian apple pie. It sounds weird but it's actually really good.
Well, this is it I hope you liked this guide and I hope you go to the places I recommended and eat the foods I recommended. I also hope you learn how to snowboard because it's way more fun than skiing :)

- Ana

Read part 1 of this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment