Total Pageviews

Friday, February 26, 2016

Austria- Part 1


Hi again! It's been a really long time since I've written anything so my mom basically dragged me to the computer and told me to add something new onto my blog. I've decided to talk about Austria, since it's my favorite country, and we go there a lot. As I've told you before I snowboard🏂🏂, and whenever we go skiing (or snowboarding in my case), we go to Austria. We're going there next month for the Easter holidays, which I'm really excited for.
Anyways, I've decided to highlight the best things to do, eat, and the best places to go to in Austria.
By the way, I'm going to do this in 2 parts because It's really late here and I'm exhausted, so I'm going to continue tomorrow.

Cities
I've actually been to a lot of cities in Austria, since whenever we go there we go to a different one. I'm gonna put all of the cities (and towns, and etcetera) down in alphabetical order😂 so you can know the places I will be talking about later. By the way I totally recommend all these places, you should definitely go visit them because they're awesome.
  • Kitzbuhel- we went to Kitzbuhel in 2013 to ski during the Easter holidays
  • Lech- technically we haven't been to Lech yet since we're going there in march, but oh well
  • Salzburg- We've been to Salzburg twice, once in 2013 before we went to Kitzbuhel, and once in 2014 when we went to Zell am See
  • Vienna- I went to Vienna in early December last year with my grandma and my mom, dad, and sister because we had a national day holiday for a week, a week before the winter holidays. Why not just give us an extra week of holidays? Go figure.
  • Zell am See- We went to Zell am See in 2014 to ski, but there was no snow, so we skied anyways.

Where to go/ what to do:
Now I'm going to talk about some cool things to do in Austria like museums, parks, and other cool stuff.
  • Skiing- If I haven't made myself clear yet, you should ski in Austria. Even if there isn't always snow, you can still ski, because skiing is cool. Or snowboarding. The feeling of the frosty wind slapping you in the face as you smoothly but rapidly zoom down the mountain is priceless. Especially when you get to have hot chocolate for lunch. Also, if you are luck enough to ski on Christmas day, you get free kinderpunsch (basically hot juice which tastes amazing) or wine and cookies when you go up in the gondola. Also, you can see Santa skiing down the mountain. Or at least I did.
  • Ice Skating- in Salzburg we were looking for somewhere to eat on our first night and we found an Ice Skating rink in the main plaza. My sister and I were iceskating and the place was all decorated with lights and there was music and a cafe. There was also a girl in my grade there, because apparently she was also in Salzburg that day. 
  • Christmas Markets- Christmas markets are basically outdoor markets where you can buy everything christmassy- from candy to toys to candles to trees to any sort of gift that you would give someone for christmas. Everything is so decorated, and there are christmas trees, and sometimes there are alpacas (?). Theses are found all around Austria, and they are also found around literally every corner.
  • Schönbrunn Zoo- the Schönbrunn Zoo is the oldest zoo in the world, and it is inside the Schönbrunn Palace gardens in Vienna. There are lots of animals, and some less adorable ones (🐍🐌🐸). My dad and sister really wanted to see the red pandas, and they were REALLY cute, so I recommend going to see them. And the hippos. And the goats. And the Pandas. And everything else.
  • Mozart's House- in Salzburg you can visit the birthplace and home of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, where you can see his first violin, his harpsichord, and learn about his music.
                                                                    End of Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment